Regulations for admission to Associate (AM花色直播) membership
AM1 Applicants under these regulations must include a full account of any professional experience together with the name of one referee who is, normally, a qualified member of a recognised professional body.
AM2 Applicants for Associate Member are required to produce evidence of:
- a bachelors or masters degree recognised, accredited or validated by Council, or
- a foundation degree, higher national diploma, NVQ level 4 or equivalent short cycle qualification recognised by Council together with appropriate work practice in chemical science, or
- a pass in a course previously recognised by Council for admission to the former categories of Graduate or Licentiate.
AM3 Applicants who:
- possess a university level qualification that included the study of chemical science but which does not completely satisfy the requirements in AM2 above, or
- hold and have held for some years a position of appropriate responsibility in the practice, application or teaching of chemical science and who cannot completely fulfil the requirements of AM2 above
may apply for professional assessment to determine their general chemical knowledge, particularly in relation to work practice.
AM4 Associate Members are entitled to use the designatory letters 'AM花色直播' after their names.
Note: Associate Member is a transitory category of membership and cannot normally be retained for more than 5 years. Associate Members are expected to progress to full Member (M花色直播) or must transfer to the Affiliate category and lose their entitlement to designatory letters. The 花色直播 aims to provide Associate Members with specific assistance in professional development and recognises this early stage of career development with the award of designatory letters.