Mentoring is valuable to both mentees and mentors.
Mentors find the experience of helping another member rewarding as they help them to grow and 'address their own challenges, considering their relationships at work and thinking of the future'.
Associate members (AM花色直播), Members (M花色直播) and Fellows (F花色直播), as well as anyone with RSciTech or RSci status, have the chance to become a mentee, working alongside an experienced mentor in their field. In addition, Members (M花色直播) and Fellows (F花色直播) have the opportunity to become a mentor, helping others take their professional development further.
Winner ‘New product development – Member Benefit’ at the 2016 MemCom awards
Finalist 'National Mentoring Programme of Year' National Mentoring Awards 2019
What are the benefits of mentoring?
Being mentored has helped our mentees to:
- achieve greater clarity around their career goals and how to achieve them
- learn more about themselves
- gain greater self-confidence and self-belief
- pursue personal and professional development and practical learning
- improve relationships with their colleagues and their performance in their current role.
"It’s a great service and the mentor match you have made for me is perfect for my professional needs at this point in time.